Become a Coding Tutor
Do you love coding? And love working with kids?
Whether you are a coding expert or an aspiring coder, we provide training and mentorship to help you become an awesome Coding Tutor.
- You absolutely love working with kids. The feeling when you help a student have a "lightbulb moment" is the best thing ever.
- Maker-Geek Pride - you enjoy creating puzzles and challenging projects that allow for creative solutions.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly. You love feedback and constant improvement.
- You have some previous coding experience or you are eager to learn.
- You are comfortable committing to a consistent weekly schedule
About Us & the Role
You will be teaching a few afternoons a week between 4-7pm or on weekends. Total time commitment is 5-15 hours per week. The hourly rate is $20-35 depending on experience.
The ideal candidate is an undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Digital Arts or Education, and has an interest in learning programming and working with students in grades K-12. Applicants should be able to demonstrate past experience working with kids (teachers, camp counselors, etc) and provide a reference.
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Coding Tutor Application." Please include your resume and a few paragraphs telling us why this role is perfect for you.
We can’t wait to hear from you!